• Professional training in subtitling and voice-over adaptation @ Rhinocéros Formation, Paris, in November 2013.
• BA (French “Licence”) in translation and interpreting at the ESUCA (“Ecole supérieure des cadres interprètes-traducteurs”, Toulouse II), 3rd of the 1996-1998 class.
• One semester of language studies at the University of Westminster (London) in 1997-1998.
• French “DEUG” in applied foreign languages (English, Spanish) at the University of Toulouse II.
• Since 2005: English into French translator specialized in video games (All reference titles available on My Projects page). Recent training and experience in subtitling/voice-over.
• 2003 and 2004: Internal English into French translator at Nintendo of Europe, Frankfurt/Main (Germany)
Translation of in-game text, manuals and packaging, linguistic testing and proofreading, project management on the Tales of Symphonia game (recruitment of external translators, final validation) (All reference titles available on My Projects page).
• March to September 2001: Webmaster of the online DVD shop bestdvd.com
Various translations (mail, specialized press releases, company’s business plan…), message board moderation, customer relations, buying aid, creation of a DVD database, daily and weekly news, pictures and videos processing. At the same time: assistant webmaster for gamesbond.com (video games online shop), team management for the creation of micro web sites dedicated to particular games.
• Freelance translator in 2000.
Translations/proofreading/QA from English to French done on behalf of translation companies, or in partnership with them. Some clients: euro2000.com (press releases), blizzard.com & Blizzard (web site help section, glossary for various video games), Montecristo (full translation of the video game Airline Tycoon and of its manual), GE Capital Corporation (translation of the ATLAS software).
LANGUAGES AND COMPUTER SKILLS
• French, English and Spanish: written, read and spoken fluently. Fields of knowledge: video games, board games, role-playing games, Internet, music, cinema, sports, media and interactive entertainment.
• Basic German.
• OS and software: OSX 10.10.5, Microsoft Office Mac, Open Office 4.0, SDL Trados Studio 2014, Wordfast, Idiom.
• Music, video games, board games, computer, literature, food, badminton (4 years as secretary for the local club), radio broadcast (monthly musical selection), motorbike, snowboard and longboard.